Public Hearing Policy
Anyone who wishes to speak during a public hearing must sign up before the meeting begins. Each person addressing the Board under a Public Hearing shall provide their name and district of residency. Non-County citizens must share their place of residency. Unless granted Chairman approval, all comments must be limited to three minutes; speakers for a group shall be limited to ten minutes. Absent Chairman’s approval, no person shall be able to speak who has not signed up.
Those who are interested can also speak to the Board of Supervisors during the Hearing of the Citizens. The same time limits and residency requirements apply.
Citizens can view a livestream or recording of any Board of Supervisors meeting on the Pittsylvania County Facebook page or Youtube channel. Citizens must attend in person to speak and provide comments.
2022 Public Hearing Notices
The following Public Hearings will be held at the April 19, 2022 Board of Supervisors Meeting:
- Public Hearing Notice - PCC §§ 35-178 and 35-179 (Zoning)
- Public Hearing Notice - PCC § 6-6.3 (Property Exempt by Classification or Designation) ;(First Pentecostal Holiness Church)
- Public Hearing Notice - PCC § 2-12 (Duplicate License Tags)
Below are the proposed revisions for the Public Hearings
- Proposed Revisions - Ch 35-178 and 35-179
- Tax Exemption Application - First Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Proposed Revisions - Ch 2-12
The following public hearings occurred at a Pittsylvania County Board of Supervisors April 4 Meeting. The open portion of the meeting was at 7 p.m. on April 4 at 39 Bank Street, Chatham, VA 24531.
The following public hearings are scheduled for the Pittsylvania County Board of Supervisors March Business Meeting. The meeting was at 7 p.m. on March 15 at 39 Bank Street, Chatham, VA 24531.
- Pittsylvania County Ordinance Chapter 18 Revisions
- Pittsylvania County Ordinance Chapter 2 Revisions
The following public hearing occurred at the Pittsylvania County Board of Supervisors February Business Meeting.