The Department of Information Technology will deliver quality and innovative information technology solutions to provide citizens, the business community and county staff with convenient access to appropriate information and services.
The department serves the county government by providing technologies to promote efficiency and productivity and is responsible for all hardware, software, network and telecommunications required by the county government.
- Deliver timely and effective responses to customer requirements through teamwork.
- Provide vision, leadership, and a framework for evaluating emerging technologies and implementing proven information technology solutions.
- Provide citizens, the business community and county staff with convenient access to appropriate information and services through technology.
- Work with county agencies to improve business operations by thoroughly understanding business needs and by planning, implementing and managing the best information technology solutions available.
- Guarantee a reliable communication and computer infrastructure foundation, on which to efficiently conduct county business operations today and in the future.
- Effectively communicate information about plans, projects, and achievements to county staff and customers.
- Develop and maintain technically skilled staff who are competent in current and emerging information technology and a user community that understands and can employ modern technologies to maximize business benefits.
- Ensure effective technical and fiscal management of the department's operations, resources, technology projects and contracts.