Voter Registration/Elections Department
The Elections Department will be moving to a new facility as of February 22, 2021. Please see the public notice here.
- Running for Office: Any Registered voter that wishes to run for office a candidate for an open seat, may contact the office for more information. The deadline to file to run for office is Tuesday, June 8, 2021, at 7 pm.
- Statewide Primary Election date: Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
- General Election date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
- The last day to get registered or make changes is 22 days before a Primary or General Election and shorter for special elections to fill vacancies.
- In-Person Early Voting begins 45 days before the Election in which you wish to vote, visit our office to vote early in-person.
Additional Hours: The Saturday before a Primary and two Saturdays before a General.
- Last day of In-Person Early Voting, The Saturday before Election Day.
- The last day to request to Vote by Mail is 11 days before Election Day, which is the Second Friday before Election Day.
This short video gives a brief overview of our election security process.
Be a part of making history! Citizens serving as an Officer of Elections will receive training and compensation. To learn more about becoming an Officer of Elections contact our office by phone at 434-432-7971 or by email at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.