A copy of the operational permit issued by the Pittsylvania County Health Department must be provided to the Pittsylvania County Building Inspections Office by the contractor / owner before a certificate of occupancy can be issued.
A minimum advance notice of 24 hours is required for all inspections. The permit holder shall assure the following inspections are conducted and approved by the building inspector. Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) 113.3 required inspections:
- Inspection of footing excavations and reinforcement material for concrete footings prior to the placement of concrete.
- Inspection of foundation systems during phases of construction necessary to assure compliance with this code.
- Inspection of preparatory work prior to the placement of concrete.
- Inspection of structural members and fasteners prior to concealment.
- Inspection of electrical, mechanical and plumbing materials and systems prior to concealment.
- Inspection of energy conservation material prior to concealment.
Required Inspections for Mobile Homes
- Double-wide mobile home - Footing before pouring.
- Single-wide and Double-wide - Blocking, anchoring, sewer, water, and electric inspections must be done before skirting. Decks must be installed before Temporary Certificate of Occupancy is issued.
- Footing for masonry foundation
- Skirting inspection must be made within 60 days of issuance of Temporary Certificate of Occupancy
Well and septic completion statements (PDF) must be turned in to the Pittsylvania County Health Department before the Certificate of Occupancy may be issued.
Any reinspection fees must be paid before the power company will be notified of approval to connect power.